Marcella Bonnici, M.D., WebView Patient Portal Agreement
You must agree to this “WebView Agreement” (“Agreement” or “Terms and Conditions”) before you use the WebView Portal. Please read the terms of the Agreement as described below:
These Terms and Conditions constitute a binding agreement between the user (“you”) and Marcella Bonnici M.D. A.P.C., its physicians, employees, contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers and directors, and agents (together hereinafter “MBMD”). By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge that you are at least 18 years of age, or legally emancipated, and that you are requesting access to portions of your personal health information and the ability to communicate with your MBMD health care team via the Internet using an electronic application called the WebView Portal. You acknowledge that the WebView Portal is offered as a courtesy to MBMD’s patients in order to allow you to view your personal medical information and/or to send private messages to and from your health care provider and agree that MBMD may limit or discontinue your use of the WebView Portal at any time for any reason.
By signing this Agreement you agree to the following rules for utilizing the WebView Portal from MBMD:
- I understand that the WebView Portal is NOT to be used for urgent or emergency medical care situations. In the event of a medical emergency I will call for local 911 services, or go directly to the emergency room.
- I understand that it may take up to 72 hours to receive a response to an email request that I send. I understand that IF I do NOT receive a response within 72 hours I will contact MBMD via telephone at (951) 816-3233.
- The individual WebView Portal username and password you choose when you first login to the WebView Portal are the keys to protecting the confidentiality of your information. You are responsible for remembering your WebView Portal username and password and for keeping them confidential. We strongly suggest writing down your WebView Portal username and password and keeping them in a safe place for future reference. Anyone with access to your WebView Portal username and password will be able to view your personal medical information and communicate with your health care team as if that person were you. It is your responsibility to prevent disclosure of your access code and password and change your password if you feel that your security has been compromised. You can change your password online at any time. You are solely responsible for any sharing of MBMD content that you intentionally or unintentionally communicate to others. You should not access WebView Portal from a shared network, such as a public wireless network, or from a device that can easily be stolen, such as a smartphone or laptop.
- The use of your username or password by anyone other than you (or your Proxy, see below) is forbidden under any circumstances. You agree not to attempt to learn or access any information using another user’s credentials (unless you are acting as a Proxy, see below). If you learn or have reason to believe that others may know your username or password, or that any person has made or attempted any unauthorized access to your WebView Portal account, it is your obligation to immediately notify MBMD.
- You may request a WebView Portal account for yourself, for your minor children, and any other person who has given you written authority (a “Proxy”). You may not request or access a WebView Portal account for anyone else. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you certify that you are authorized to open or access the account you are requesting and that all information you have provided to MBMD is true and correct to the best of your knowledge. You further agree that in the event you request a WebView Portal account or information on behalf of a Proxy you will be required to provide documentation of your authority (for example, a durable healthcare power of attorney) before you can receive an access code to complete registration or access that person’s health information.
- Once you have activated your WebView Portal account, the WebView Portal will become the primary vehicle to receive important messages from your participating provider(s) and other personal medical information. You MUST provide us with your email address when activating your WebView Portal account and keep your email address current to ensure that you receive notification of newly released information in a timely manner. You may continue to receive communications via the United States Postal Service or other means from MBMD, but MBMD prefers to send you confidential information secured means via WebView.
- All communications between you and your MBMD health care team using the WebView Portal are carried over a secure, encrypted connection directly into the MBMD electronic medical record. While you may receive Internet e-mail messages notifying you of new messages in your WebView Portal Inbox, these e-mails will not contain any personal health information. It is your responsibility to login to your WebView Portal account and read the messages promptly.
- I understand that providers and staff at MBMD may use the WebView Portal to communicate lab and test results to me, and I accept this method of communication.
- I understand that I should remember to log out and close my internet browser each time when I am finished accessing password-protected WebView Portal services. This will prevent someone else from accessing my personal medical information if I leave, share, or use a public computer or unsecured wireless network: e.g.; internet café, library, kiosk, etc. Our WebView Portal uses encryption technology to help ensure that your data is secure. However, no system can provide guaranteed security or protection against intentional intrusions or accidental disclosures of information. When using the WebView Portal, information will be transmitted over a medium that is beyond the control of MBMD and its contractors. Accordingly, MBMD makes no guarantee as to the confidentiality or security of information you submit using WebView Portal. YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR INTENTIONAL INTRUSION, OR OF ANY DELAY, FAILURE, INTERRUPTION OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SERVICE. Once information is received by us, your medical information will be treated as confidential and given the same protection that all other MBMD medical records are given.
- By using the WebView Portal, you acknowledge and agree that this messaging service is intended to facilitate dialogue regarding personal health matters. You agree not to use the WebView Portal to post or send or post any illicit or offensive material.
- I understand that messages will be routed to the appropriate department as necessary for handling, and therefore MBMD employees, other than your healthcare provider (physician, nurse practitioner and/or physician’s assistant), may be involved in addressing your request. If your physician is out of the office or unavailable to respond, messages sent via the WebView Portal may be routed to other authorized healthcare providers within MBMD to facilitate a timely response to your request. Therefore use of the WebView Portal may not be appropriate if there is sensitive information that you want to discuss directly with your healthcare provider.
- I understand that the MBMD health care team may send me messages, test results, and other communications via the WebView Portal as authorized in the sole discretion of my physician. These messages may contain information important to my health and medical care. It is my responsibility to monitor these messages. By entering your valid and functional e-mail address at registration, I have enabled
- MBMD to notify me of messages sent to my WebView Portal Inbox.
MBMD shall not be liable for any loss, injury, illness, damages, or claims of any kind resulting from your failure to timely read messages you may receive through the WebView Portal.
- You may discontinue your use of the WebView Portal at any time by deactivating your account.
- MBMD reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or discontinue your use of the WebView Portal at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to your use of the WebView Portal on behalf of another person. You will be notified if your WebView Portal service is discontinued.
- As we provide your health care, we are required to maintain documentation of your medical history, current conditions, treatment plan and all treatments given, including the results of all tests, procedures and therapies. The WebView Portal is an Internet application that enables a patient to have secured Web-based access to personal clinical information, as released by the treating physician, and allows secure electronic messaging with participating MBMD physicians. By using the WebView Portal, you understand that not all of your MBMD medical record will be accessible through your WebView Portal account. Posting of information to your WebView Portal account is at the sole discretion of your individual physician(s).
- Messages you send or receive via the WebView Portal may become part of your permanent medical record at the sole discretion of your physician. If such messages are made part of your permanent medical record, they will be accessible to current and future MBMD staff members who are involved with your care.
- All MBMD-generated electronic medical records are subject to state and federal regulations governing the security and confidentiality of medical records.
- All content included in the WebView Portal and on all MBMD web sites, including, but not limited to, text, photographs, graphics, button icons, images, artwork, names, logos, trademarks, service marks and data ("Content"), in any form are protected by U.S. and international copyright law and conventions. The Content includes both Content owned or controlled by MBMD, its subsidiaries or affiliates as well as Content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to MBMD. Reproduction of any Content, in whole or in part, by any means, is prohibited without the express written consent of MBMD.
- MBMD grants a limited license to each user to make personal use only of the Web site and the associated services in accordance with these terms and conditions of use. This license expressly excludes, without limitation, any reproduction, duplication, sale, resale or other commercial use of the Web site and the associated services, making any derivative of the Web site or the associated services, the collection and use of user email addresses or other user information, including, without limitation, health information or any data extraction or data mining whatsoever.
- MBMD’s Privacy Statement. MBMD is committed to protecting the privacy of the information you send and receive through the WebView Portal. This Privacy Statement applies to the WebView Portal and governs data collection and usage. By using WebView Portal, you consent to all terms and conditions described in this Privacy Statement. We will not sell, lease, rent, or license your personal information to a third party, unless you authorize us to do so, or except as required by law. We may provide your personal information to health care entities involved in providing health care to you, such as your health plan or physician. In such case, MBMD will disclose personal information in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- This Web site and the WebView Portal may contain links to Web sites operated by other parties which might have information on health topics of interest to you. Any such links are provided for your general information and education only, and should NOT be relied upon for personal diagnosis or treatment. MBMD does not sponsor or endorse any of these sites, nor does MBMD make any guarantee, warranty or representation regarding the accuracy of the information contained on the Web sites. MBMD has no control over the security or privacy practices of these external Web sites. Use of other sites is strictly at your own risk including, but not limited to, any risks associated with destructive viruses. You are responsible for viewing and abiding by the terms and conditions of use and the privacy statements of the other Web sites.
- MBMD’s server automatically collects the Internet Protocol address (IP) of the computers that access our site. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you access the Internet. It is not truly personally identifiable information because many different individuals can access the Internet via the same computer.
- Failure to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions contained herein may result in revocation of a user’s license and cancellation of a user’s WebView Portal account including the right to access information through WebView Portal on behalf of any proxies. MBMD reserves the right to report violations of law to appropriate law enforcement agencies and to pursue all other rights and remedies available to it under civil or criminal law.
- I understand that MBMD may periodically modify, change, rescind, revise or update the Terms & Conditions of this disclaimer and user Agreement. Such modifications will take effect immediately upon the posting to the MBMD website. You agree to review these Terms & Conditions periodically to be aware of such modifications, and you’re accessing or using the service constitutes your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions as it appears at the time of your access or use.
- I hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless MBMD its physicians, employees, contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers and directors, and agents from and against all actions, claims, suits, demands, damages, judgments, losses and any other costs, liabilities and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees and collections cost arising from any act, error, or omissions of MBMD and the provision of or failure to provide any of the services within the scope of the WebView Portal duties as outlined in the Agreement, included but not limited to, advisory and consulting services.
- I understand that my access to the WebView Portal will be monitored through log on audit.
- I understand that this Agreement is designed to, and by express agreement between the parties, does in fact reach as far as California law permits.
- By using MBMD’s website including but not limited to the WebView Portal, you agree that the laws of the state of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms and Conditions of Use and any dispute that might arise between you and MBMD its physicians, employees, contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers and directors, and agents (together “MBMD”). You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with MBMD resides in the courts of California and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of California in connection with any claim involving MBMD. Use of MBMD’s Web site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
By signing the Agreement I understand and agree to all the terms and conditions in the Agreement. The invalidity of any provision(s) or portions of the provision(s) of this Agreement shall not affect any other provision(s) or portions thereof. In the event that one or more provisions (or portions thereof) of this Agreement are declared legally invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in force and affect. Changes in the law affecting this Agreement shall be deemed incorporated upon their effective date. I understand that the availability and functionality of the WebView Portal may change without prior notice. I understand and agree to not hold MBMD, nor its physicians, employees, contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers and directors, and agents liable for any unanswered WebView Portal messages or requests.
By signing the Agreement I understand and agree to all the terms and conditions in the Agreement. *